Ed Wilson did a great presentation on PowerShell best practices and the use of modules. Thanks Ed! We met the first people in the group and had a great time talking about what we have been using PowerShell for. Many of us are new to PowerShell so if you are new as well we would love to have you join!
- Ed’s Presentation was about an hour long.
- We had 9 people attend in person and about 15 attend remotely.
- Post-presentation last about 30 minutes with a couple give aways and some general discussion.
Related Links from today’s meeting
- The Scripting Guys Blog
- Ed Wilson’s PowerShell ISE Modules
- PowerGUI VSX
- PowerShell 3.0 CTP 2
- Adam’s Select-Winner Function
- We are looking for feedback on what you’d like to get out of the next meeting. Please comment if you have some ideas!
- One topic that was suggested was PowerShell 3.0, which Adam Driscoll would present. Let us know how you feel about that.
- If you’d like to bring a script you’d like to look at as a group, please do! There will be time assigned during the next meeting.