Join Adam for a presentation at the Twin Cities PowerShell User Group. He will be presenting on PowerShell v3. The meeting is tomorrow at 5:00 PM CST and is remote capable. For more information head over to the Twin Cities PowerShell User Group page.
Archive for the ‘powershell 3.0’ Tag
Today we welcomed Steve Murawski from the Milwaukee Script Club. He presented on admin tools for free. We ran through some of the basic functionality that administrators can use that is built right into PowerShell. Rather than having a script sharing session, Steve presented for over an hour and half with a ton of great information. Thanks Steve for a great presentation!!
Steve runs the Milwaukee Script Club so if you are in the area, feel free to join them on every third Tuesday.
Links from the meeting
- Steve Murawski’s blog
- Richard Siddaway’s Blog with lot’s of WMI information
- Upcoming PowerShell Events
- PowerShell v3.0 CTP2 Download
- Windows 8 Developer Preview Download
- 7 Attendees in Person
- 3 Attendees online
- We spent about 20 minutes chatting and had a short announcements section
- The presentation ran for 1 hour and 41 minutes
We had some issues with video during the meeting. We will try to correct this for future meetings. We did record this meeting but the video in the recording experienced the same issues that we had with video during the LiveMeeting. If you want to attempt to watch the video feel free to check it out here.
Our next meeting is scheduled for March 6th. We may adjust this date to coincide with the International PowerShell User Group day so stay tuned for that information!
Ed Wilson did a great presentation on PowerShell best practices and the use of modules. Thanks Ed! We met the first people in the group and had a great time talking about what we have been using PowerShell for. Many of us are new to PowerShell so if you are new as well we would love to have you join!
- Ed’s Presentation was about an hour long.
- We had 9 people attend in person and about 15 attend remotely.
- Post-presentation last about 30 minutes with a couple give aways and some general discussion.
Related Links from today’s meeting
- The Scripting Guys Blog
- Ed Wilson’s PowerShell ISE Modules
- PowerGUI VSX
- PowerShell 3.0 CTP 2
- Adam’s Select-Winner Function
- We are looking for feedback on what you’d like to get out of the next meeting. Please comment if you have some ideas!
- One topic that was suggested was PowerShell 3.0, which Adam Driscoll would present. Let us know how you feel about that.
- If you’d like to bring a script you’d like to look at as a group, please do! There will be time assigned during the next meeting.